Personalization starts with data, but it doesn’t just end there. Once you have the data, you need to know what to do with it. If increasing engagement is one of your personalization goals, then a content recommendation widget can assist greatly. Using data as a foundation – including content and user profiles – you will be able to offer personalized content to your readers.
Below are our tips for using recommended content widgets effectively:
1. Know your audience
The old adage “know your audience” fits within the confines of so many disciplines, and it’s especially relevant in the personalization space. If you want to know what to recommend to your readers, you’ll need to know who they are and what they’re reading on your site. This is the key to being able to understand what the best content is to offer them.
2. Don’t send your users away
Other content recommendation solutions – also known as clickbait peddlers – take your readers from the very place you want to keep them: your website. Focus on a content recommendation solution that keeps readers interested in what they’re reading or helps them to explore different topics.
3. Hard coded widgets don’t fool anyone
Your highly engaged users will know in very short order that the content being recommended to them isn’t fresh or relevant. Being able to provide recommendations on what is relevant and timely will show your readers that you know who they are and what they want.
4. Use the right placement to drive engagement
When it comes to personalization widgets, placement can make a big difference. Make sure you choose the right spot for your readers:
- Right Hand Rail: For readers who have not found the current article engaging, the right hand rail is a good place to put recommendations for articles related to trending news topics or something the reader has shown interest in previously.
- Below Article: The below article placement helps to engage already highly engaged readers even further. You can choose to recommend content similar to the article just read or about the same topic.
Regardless of how you implement your personalization widgets, remember the golden rule: personalization always works best when the core of the decision making process is based on data. Connect with us below and we can help you put your data to work.